Okay, I know I sound crazy talking about fall already when it is still 90 degrees here in the south, but school and football season is right around the corner y’all! According to the news lately, the whole country is going to have a really warm fall. Let me tell you, I am not excited about this. I always look forward to the fall and winter weather for two reasons: 1. I’m very hot-natured, and 2. cold weather is SO much more fun to dress for!
I found this skirt online and was so excited to get it to my apartment ASAP. This is an item that can be worn with a loose tank and sandals for warmer days, or with a sweater and mules or booties like I styled it today! It also comes in pink, which is so tempting. It does run a little big though, so if you are in between sizes, size down!
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale only has about three days left, so if there is anything you’ve had your eye on, get it now! While we’re talking about transitional fall wear, I thought I would round up my top 5 items from the sale to transition your closet from warm summer months to fall.
Transitional Fall Pieces From The #NSale
1. Open Toed Booties: To me, a full bootie can be a little much for an August when the high is 80. If you want to look like you’re ready for fall, but not die of a heat stroke, open toed booties are your best friend!
2. Distressed Black Jeans: Jeans are such an essential part of any wardrobe, but I think black jeans can be often overlooked! They can be easily dressed up or down, and can be layered when the weather gets colder. One of my go-to fall outfits is black ripped jeans, a black and white striped tee, and a camel cardigan with booties!
3. Army Jacket: Army jackets are such a wardrobe essential! This one is light enough to wear now with shorts and a tee, and then you can layer it with a sweater in the fall.
4. Light Scarf: Scarves are such an easy way to dress up an outfit, and this one is only $12!
5. Basic Tees & Tanks: Basic layering pieces are the number one thing you need to have in your closet, no matter the season! One of my favorite outfits to throw on is a basic white or black tee and jeans. There are so many good layering pieces in the sale, these are just a few of my favorites.
Thanks for reading y’all!