I can so distinctly remember that as child, I could not wait to become an adult simply for the fact that I would be able to carry a handbag that could double as an overnight bag. In my 8-year-old mind, women that carried these huge handbags were the epitome of chicness. Now that I am an adult (kind of), I carry all shapes and sizes of handbags, but I tend to come back to cross body bags for everyday use.
‘What’s In My Bag’ posts are my favorite to read, probably more for the fact that I’m nosy than anything else. I feel like you can tell a lot about a person from their bags, and from mine you can probably see that I carry around wayyy too many things for such a small bag, and (if I had left the Chick-Fil-A receipts in there) that I frequent a certain chicken restaurant too often. We’re all human, right?! 😉
This bag is one I’ve had my eye on for a while, but I’ve never had the courage to pull the trigger and buy it, so the next best option was to test it out using the site Bag Borrow or Steal. If you are interested in a designer bag but don’t want to spend the money just yet, you can go on their website and rent it for much, much less than it would be to buy it! I thought I would let you all be nosy today and snoop around in everything I keep in my Soho Disco from day to day.
No matter what bag I’m currently using, these are the items that are always with me. Of course, when I’m using a larger bag, I tend to feel the need to fill up the entire bag, so this list can definitely grow!
- Quay Sunglasses: I talked about Quay sunnies in this post, and my opinion of them hasn’t changed! I love a good pair of aviators, and these are the perfect size. This pair is also super cute and included in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
- Gucci Compact Mirror: This particular compact was actually a gift with purchase from a few months back, but I included some of my favorite inexpensive ones down below!
- Altoids: I think that this one is pretty much a given, because everyone has a form of mint or gum in their purse. Altoids are a personal fave of mine, most likely because my mom always had them in her bag or her car growing up (the apple didn’t fall far!)
- The Body Shop Hand Cream: The travel size section at Ulta in the checkout line always gets me. This hand cream is something I picked up in that section a few months ago, and then I had to repurchase because of how good it was! It does come in many different scents, but Coconut is my favorite because I can pretend I’m on a beach somewhere when I put it on!
- Hand Sanitizer: Also a given! I picked this up in the Target travel-sized section before our trip to New York, and I’ve kept it in my bag since then.
- Scrunchie: This is my preferred method to put my hair up! I have such thin hair that a normal hair-tie leaves a huge crease in my hair- not cute.
- Marc Jacobs Card Case: When my bags are too small to fit my normal wallet, I like to use a card case to hold all of my essentials. This one is super cute, and gets the job done!
On a normal day, I usually have five different lip combos in my bag. For the sake of today’s post, I kept it short and sweet for y’all!
- Lipstick & Lipliner: I talked about this lip combo in this post also, and it’s still going strong as my fave!
- Lip Conditioner: I recently picked this up at Sephora, and I love it! It’s really nice for days when I want something in between a lipstick and a lip balm.
- YSL ‘Black Opium’ Rollerball: This is my recent favorite perfume, courtesy of Katey from Chronicles of Frivolity.
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm: My favorite chapstick if I’m not using the next item…
- La Mer Lip Balm: I completely realize that it’s ridiculous to spend this much on a lip balm, but if you’re as obsessed with lip balm and chapstick as I am, it’s a must.
- iPhone: Obviously. To be honest, my phone is usually in my hand, but for the sake of this post we’ll pretend I keep it in my bag! 😉
- Headphones: I’m a big fan of Audible, so I like to be able to listen to a book while I walk to class or around the grocery store.
- Portable Charger: I feel like my phone is always dying, so this is a must-have for me!
- USB Fan: This brings me to my favorite item. I am so hot-natured. Living in the South in the summer time is no joke, and this is seriously the only way I can survive. People always give me crazy looks when I use it (except for grandmas, they always want to know where I got it!), but I couldn’t care less. It’s looking crazy or a heat stroke, people!
If any of you have any must-have items I left out, comment below and tell me what they are so I can add them to my bag! Also, if anyone else has one of those fans, tell me so I don’t feel alone.
Thanks for reading!